Thursday, December 18, 2008

santa, reindeer, the whole hog and the man in the moon.




Santa, reindeer, the whole hog and the man in the moon.

Nope, not characters from a spicy pizza induced dream. Just the sporadic ramblings of my pre-holiday morning.

Ok, let me backtrack to where this twisted tale started.
I was arranging my vintage light bulb santa heads gazing at my well placed mantle reindeer...when ...ah ha! I, in a moment of grandiose brainstorms...and feeling a little moxie I decided to saunter a mile and a half down the road to the reindeer farm ...on a mission for spectacular photos of antlered beauties.

Cold was I.....but I pressed on....knowing what a feather in my cap these images would be on next years Christmas cards.
Thou shy and unassuming....(As you can't tell by the photos)...these deer don't disappoint.
What dazzling ,velvet-rubbed branched crowns they don!
Onward and homeward I set my path. A silly grin pasted on my face...or be it frozen on?
Anywho, As I neared home and easily distracted by pretty things.....I snapped a spectacular side portraiture of one of our mammoth piggies.
The whole hog as you will.
And as in any true Simpsons or Seinfeld episode....stories never end where they started.
So , famished as I was and realized I should have carb-loaded before this workout...I headed straight for one (ok, maybe 2) Man in the Moon cookies.

I love life's little journeys...the things you see beyond your four walls and p.c.

As a little treat....here's the world's best(self annointed by moi...yeah , that's right) Cookie Recipe.
If you haven't a Man in the Moon cutter...you're on your own! Any will work....



The Cookie


cream togeter:
1cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
beat in:
one egg

combine and add:
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups sifted flour

mix until ingredients are well blended
Chill dough 3-4 hours
before rolling.
Preheat oven to 350
Roll out and cut

Bake for about 8-10 minutes each
or slightly browned


The Frosting
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tbl butter
1 tbl milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon juice
melt butter, combine all ingredients
beat until smooth

SLATHER on cooled cookies!
Enjoy...and no, you don't have to share.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see my house in the background of one of your pics of the reindeer. The Simpson

Theresa said...

Jennifer I just love the way you write. :) I love your blog too and your man in the moon cookie cutter. Where ever did you find that???

Hugs,

Theresa

The Muse said...

the art work WAS my fav...but then i saw the PIC HOGS...lol and that just swayed my vote! LOL what a great collage of pics....great post!

vivian said...

Hi Jennifer, stumbled upon your blog this week and LOVE it!normally would ask before adding a link to my blog, but I had the time and I just went ahead and did it.. I want to be able to find my way back here in one click! I hope you dont mine. If you do, please let me know and I will delete the link. I hope you will get a chance to stop and visit my blog as well some time!
have a great week!
vivian

richelle said...

I'm going to make this. With my owl cookie cutter.