Monday, March 9, 2009

shameless

Shameless....a word that describes so many things.
first of all, the name of the song that was played for my husbands and my first wedding dance. Doubly shameless as we didn't pick a song and left it up to the band.
Sadly, they were quite astute.
Shameless, also describing the way I decorate.
I don't know what it's called....hmmm...possibly "farmhouse frilly"...or "barnyard baubles"...or "pasture posh"...or my fav "depression era decorums."
Anything discarded, overly loved and worn....imperfect.
My dream house? With morbid curiosity you may inquire...
Imagine an overgrown abandoned farmhouse...swayback barns, crooked weathervanes, tobacco stained wallpaper, bare light bulbs, fanciful furnishings paired with farm wares.

Like diamonds wrapped in grainsacks.

So thanks To Jen http://www.earthangelstoys.blogspot.com/ for admiring my shameless style.

It's nice to know I'm not alone.......

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your unique style, whatever you call it.
Nancy

Theresa said...

I think you have fantastic style... and I love all the photos of your home. It's such good eye candy. :)

Hugs,

Theresa

The Vintage Barn said...

Hi Jennifer,
I love your Blog. We have a lot in common. I LOVE farm and live on one with a great old barn. I will link our blog when our blog site is up this week. Check us out www.barnbarnbaby.com
Rolane
The Vintage Barn

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, sounds like we may have the very same dream house. Sounds like mine to a 'T'! You have a beautiful blog, home and your art is simply perfection!

Heather said...

wow, so many beautiful things...I could get lost here in the prettiness!