Monday, March 10, 2014

going cuckcoo

cuckoo marans
 It's been a long, arduous winter.
I think we can all attest to that!
Enough to make anyone go just a little cuckcoo.
In fact, I am taking it one step further.
Cuckoo Maran.
I've had an itch that I've needed to scratch...an itch of a new batch of Spring chicks.
It's been 3 years since I've added to my flock!
Numbers have dwindled and it's time to add some new peeps to the brood.
Half the fun is picking out new breeds and high on my list are the Cuckoo Marans!
Cuckoo Marans are listed under the rare breed heading, prized for their dark brown eggs...the darkest brown there is, chocolate brown in fact.
OK, truth be told, they had me at chocolate.
Forget golden eggs, my mitts just can't wait to hold a chocolate one!
So, as Spring comes into my life, so will the newbies.
I can hardly stand it!





2 comments:

Sweet Life Farm said...

Oh, dear this post made my heart sing o' spring! You've been on my mind wondering if new chicks were far behind.... This is one breed I have not had that I, too, have been considering. Enjoy your new "peeps"!

Stephanie Lloyd said...

Are these your babies? What about the little one peeking out from under the hen? All adorable! Are they inside your house?