Sunday, March 24, 2013

wide open spaces

 I'll admit it.
It takes a lot for me to do something...so if I get up off my rear it is
either something I am really passionate about or something so very tempting...like that double-dark chocolate brownie I hid from myself
 in the back of the freezer. Did I really think the freezer door made some
sort of impenetrable  force field or that it would give me some sort of chocolate amnesia? 

Well, in this instance what I am passionate about is farmland.
Scenic vistas, bucolic scapes, undeveloped land.
It is so sad for me to see farmland sold off and disappear forever.

I've been wanting to do something with/for the American Farmland Trust
 for some time now. (click on the link to learn about what they do!)
I am currently working in a painting series titled "Open Spaces"
....simple, serene landscapes. With part of the proceeds from
each painting to be donated to the American Farmland Trust.
Each painting is done on chuncky 12x12x4"  ...on wood, distressed
and waxed.
These should be ready for May 2013...in hopes to debut them at the
Brimfield Antiques show (more on that to follow).

Now, what to do about that brownie...I still haven't forgotten about you my sweet dark one.




8 comments:

Bev said...

Gorgeous!

Kimberly Naumann said...

I really admire you for taking this up Jennifer! I too care about farmland and seeing it disappear is heartbreaking! So many terrible things are being done to our farms now that it is at times hard to believe. So many small organic farmers are being illegally put out of business by big agriculture with the help of the government, the soil is being destroyed by GM crops and the bee, bird and butterfly populations are dwindling at an alarming rate! It's good to see individuals such as yourself caring about something so important yet so often overlooked!

jennifer lanne said...

Thank you Kimberly....beautifully put. Heartbreaking to put it mildly.
thank you for your comment

Sweet Life Farm said...

The perfect match, your beautiful paintings helping out such an important cause. Thank you! I admire your generosity and your love of farmland…something so dear to my heart as well.

Wish I had that brownie; so glad it is “hidden” in your freezer and not mine!

Tracy Marie said...

I too share your love of open spaces. You're paintings are beautiful!!

Victoria said...

these are wonderful as is the cause.You are so talented.tntnumb
My grandfather was a farmer I am
glad he does not have to deal with
the plight of farmers today. Thank
you for your efforts.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Jennifer, Huge fan of yours!!!!!! LOVE everything you paint! I was featured in vintage and Victorian in December. I am getting mail, phonecalls...about the green wallpaper that I have in my living room. I have seen the same wallpaper in your home too. It has huge cabbage roses and grapes with a green background. My problem is that I don't know the name of the wallpaper to share with others, Would you by any chance have it??? I even called the company that I purchased it from and they can't help me. If you can help it would be fabulous!

Thank you for your time.
Debraxxx
Capers of the vintage vixens
Maisonstgermain@gmail.com

Gaby Bee said...

What a lovely blog you have! I was doing some blog hopping and found you. Your paintings are absolutely amazing and I like your cushions.
I enjoyed the visit!