Tuesday, October 2, 2012

greetings from the black forest

 I myself have never been to the real Black Forest...my only connection is through books such as Grimm fairy tales and Aesop's fables....
And now I stay connected through paintbrush.
Pins and Needles 36x48"
The tales do depict a much darker side to children's tales...each with greater life lessons to be learned for naughty,sassy children.
Somehow amidst all the scare tactics used, I still found the colorful stories and images exciting and mesmerising.
Sweet like taboo.
Makes me want to don a red cape
and traipse about the fallen pine needles.

So here's a new bespoke collection dubbed "Black Forest " series...
darker, larger ...some sanded for that "worn" look...and given a buffed-waxed finish.

Blue Velvet Season 30x54

Dear to My Heart 36x48




Stag Party 36x36

Wild Rose Waterfall

4 comments:

Elma said...

Amazing as allways!!!!

Sweet Life Farm said...

I could get lost in a tale of my own in these paintings. Oh, your exquisite imagination!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Your painting keep getting better and better. You are such an inspiration to me. Love all that you paint:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

pamelahuntington said...

Hi Jennifer...
Love the new work!!