Friday, April 20, 2012

it's simple



It's so easy (speaking for myself,of course) to get caught up in all of life's frivolities...all the bling and swag of the material life.
Most days I am over stimulated by computer screen...and quite frankly all the baubles,fancies and trinkets that I need...want.

No wonder at food tastings they give you something to "cleanse the palette".
So my palette cleansing comes in a walk outdoors.
Maybe it's the Spring air...but just taking in some simplicity helps
de-stimulate. Suddenly a simple cloud looks pretty darn good.

One of my favorite book/movie quotes:

"Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself." ~ Gus McCrae, Lonesome Dove


"Sundays at Singing Brook"

3 comments:

ShabbySheep said...

Hi Jennifer, I just found your blog and I love it! Your artwork is beautiful. And I especially love the farm sign that says "Used cows for sale".

Anonymous said...

OH, BUT LIFE WOULD BE PRETTY SPECIAL LIVING
AT SINGING BROOK.
XOXO
GENA

Isabel said...

love the painting:O)