Thursday, January 20, 2011

winter schminter




I was shoveling myself out the other day ( for what seemed like eternity and purgatory rolled into one giant, dirty snowball)....shaking my dry, cracked fist at the sky , cursing the heavens tossing it's "sparkle" upon me .....gazing about my ravished gardens and barns, deadened by winters whim.......when I recalled a photography book I have in my possession depicting "winter gardens"
At first I gave a disgusted snort...like, who could find beauty in that??!!

That has got to be the epitome of optimism....like making lemonades out of ...I don't know...um, rotten tomatoes??

But, as I looked around I did see something minisculey tolerable...and like the Griches heart something likable started to grow....


So , the shovel was tossed aside (not a problem) and I suddenly found the strength of 10 men... trudging through snow to snap just the right shot.

Ok, I did get a little over zealous.....

But make lemonade out of rotten tomatoes , I did!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

There truly is poetry and beauty in winter and you captured it here, girl! Gorgeous!

Love the shot of your curious speckled hens and your comparison to the Grinch. Isn’t it so…what we focus on, either with affection or scorn, will indeed grow. Glad you have found and shared some of winters wonders...